RxWeb FMD facilitates pharmacy requirements of the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) by allowing you to scan medication packs and check them against the SecurMed database. RxWeb FMD is a web-based standalone solution, which runs alongside RxWeb or your chosen PMR system.
- Scan medication packs – ensure they are genuine, check expiry date, serial and batch numbers.
- Flexible enough to suit your specific processes and procedures.
- Resilient and stable web-based platform.
- Available on multiple terminals – scan at your back office, till or counter, etc.
- Supply medication to patients – remove packs from the supply chain.
How does it work?
RxWeb FMD allows pharmacies to scan medication packs in accordance with the four pillars of the FMD: :
- Supply: Medication marked as dispensed/supplied – automatically decommissions on day 11.
- Reintroduce: Reverse previously dispensed/supplied packs enabling you to put them back on the shelf – must be actioned during the 10-day window.
- Verify: Check the authenticity of medication packs – will not change status.
- Decommission: Decommission medicines that are destroyed, free samples or stolen.